SINOBRAS stands out for its investments and social actions for society through entities or through the Steel Institute of Cearense.
Currently, SINOBRAS supports Águia Futebol Clube, the Marabá Zoobotany Foundation and the Brazilian Institute of Crime Combat - IBCC.
Through the Cearense Steel Institute, a non-profit institution responsible for all its educational, cultural, sports and entrepreneurship actions of the Cearense Steel Group, of which SINOBRAS is part, other Marabá institutions are also benefiting: the Association of Parents and Friends of the Exceptional (APAE), the São Francisco de Assis Educating Association, the Hozana Lopes Institute, the São Vicente de Paulo Nursing Home and the FUNCAD.
The Cearense Steel Institute also supports the employees of the Cearense Steel Group companies that excel in sports and conducts campaigns with various solidarity actions, such as collecting clothes, personal hygiene products, food and toys.
About the Aço Cearense Institute
Collaborating directly with the development of society in the economic, social and environmental spheres is one of the main objectives of the Aço Cearense Group, whose performance is based on an alignment of its business to a socially engaged management. This is part of the company's philosophy, which celebrates 40 years of experience in 2019, always based on attention to people and society.
Proof of this commitment is Instituto Aço Cearense (IAC), which for nine years has developed a strong work in the social area and contributes to the strengthening of the communities where the Group operates.
Working in Ceará, Pará and Tocantins, Instituto Aço Cearense's main focus is to support initiatives of social institutions focused on the Third Sector. The Institute strengthens relationships with people through the promotion of education, culture, sport and entrepreneurship. Since its foundation, more than R $ 11 million have already been invested in 143 institutions, totaling over 80,000 beneficiaries in the three states.
The work of the Institute goes beyond the financial contribution to entities that serve people in situations of social vulnerability. In addition to the institutions, Instituto Aço Cearense also supports employees who excel in sports and carries out campaigns in the Group's companies with various solidarity actions, such as collection of clothes, personal hygiene products, food and toys.
The Institute also carries out the following projects annually:
- Pedalando pela Paz: an event that aims to mobilize communities that suffer from violence, encouraging people to live in peace, seeking more security and freedom to come and go. Held annually, the event also seeks to present for children, adolescents and young people the importance of cycling as a sporting category. The Pedaling for Peace was held in Caucaia and Marco in Ceará.
- IAC social: has the purpose of carrying out, in a single day, social actions for the well-being of people inserted in a vulnerable context. They are actions of citizenship, health and esthetics, such as haircut, manicure, fluoride application, massage therapy, among others. In the first edition 700 people were attended in a single day in the Mestre Antônio neighborhood, in Caucaia-CE.
- Solidarity IAC: campaign with employees to collect used clothing in good condition. In this action, in addition to helping the Peter Pan Association, in the Mc Dia Feliz campaign, through the purchase of sandwiches, donated clothes are delivered to institutions supported by the Institute for a solidarity bazaar. The amounts are well below the market and the amount is intended for the elderly.
- Happy Hugs Campaign: this campaign has the purpose of encouraging in the Group's employees the feeling of solidarity and, at the same time, bringing a little love to children in situations of social vulnerability. The children write letters asking for their Christmas presents and the employees adopt these letters. In the 5th edition of the gift delivery, held in 2019, 500 children benefited from the Campaign.
- SESC ACTIVE - a project carried out in partnership with SESC and offering swimming, futsal and volleyball classes for 120 students of the Association of Champions and 30 students of the Pequot Cotolengo institution, both supported by the Institute. Classes are also offered for students with disabilities.
The Aço Cearense Institute believes that social work is a joint effort for society to grow, developing people through the promotion of citizenship, rehabilitation and integration.
How to receive IAC support
Instituto Aço Cearense supports institutions for a period of up to one year, and the partnership can be renewed. Institutions interested in being on the list of supported associations may send letters or present projects that are evaluated by the Institute staff. If the request is approved, a technical visit to the entity is carried out to begin periodic follow-up work.
Institutions supported in 2020
Currently, Instituto Aço Cearense supports 24 institutions.
Instituto Aço Cearense in Numbers
Institutions benefited: 164
People attended: 80,00 (in the three states)
Investment: plus R $ 14 million Data for 2020